• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't load ICC Profiles in Photoshop - greyed out

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to load any ICC profiles in Photoshop - they are all greyed out. I could load profiles a month or so ago without problems. I think they are in the correct folder as I can see them, but am not able to select them for loading. Using latest Photoshop 22.4.1 and MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

Any ideas on why this is happening please??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

I just figured it out from reading another thread. I realized that the internal name for one of the profiles is completely different to the file name, so now I found it in the list. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot from Photoshop of the issue? What windows/drop down menus are affected? What OS folder contains the profiles (there are multiple locations where Adobe and other ICC profiels are stored)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Photoshop menu I select View -> Proof Setup -> Custom...

Then Load...

Photoshop defaults to the folder Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Proofing as the folder to select the ICC profile from. I see my profiles there but cannot load any of them. Screen shot attached.

If I remember correctly, though, I used to save profiles to this folder - Library/ColorSync/Profiles. When I tried navigating to this folder instead, all the ICC profiles are also greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dstxoz wrote:

From the Photoshop menu I select View -> Proof Setup -> Custom...

Then Load...

That is not how you “load” ICC profiles. It's how you load a customize proof setup saved elsewhere. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to soft-proof an image for print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but that load dialog isn't for loading a profile.

When you go into the customize proof under View menu, do you see the profile to select?

http://digitaldog.net/files/08Soft%20Proofing%20explained.pdf

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the article. I am thinking now there may be something wrong with one of the ICC profiles I was provided. I added a couple of profiles that I had used previously and they did appear in the "Device to Simulate" dropdown of the Customize Proof Condition dialog. When I added the third profile into the exact same folder, it did not appear in this dropdown. I'm going to check back with the lab that provided the profile.

Your help has been really appreciated, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured it out from reading another thread. I realized that the internal name for one of the profiles is completely different to the file name, so now I found it in the list. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you load the profiles in the correct place cmyk->cmyk rgb-Rgb and so on?

please take a look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-load-icc-profiles-show-as-greyed-out-files/m-p/116347...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did see this post, but I did not quite understand the answer. Could you please explain in more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines