• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't merge layers or save-continuously getting "Program error" after most recent update

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop won't let me flatten/merge layers or save working PSD's to save layer work after last update. Just keeps telling me "Program error" with no other indicators. Does anyone have a work around for this? I already reverted to an earlier version and LOST EVERYTHING once. After losing everything, I went back to the newer version (why not? I already lost everything) and it worked for about two images and is now back to the same error. I do NOT want to revert again because I spent hours reloading my workflows/actions/brushes/settings and I do not want to go through that again. HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem- so frustrating.  I was thinking it was because my external drive ejected and thats were my scratch disk is, that wasnt the case.  Interested to see the fix.  Im glad i am not the only one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got the same problem it's super super frustrating. I updated to Big Sur on my mac and I thought it was the reason for the bugs. Most of the times I can't safe the file at all out of sudden, and also can't zoom on the artwork, it's changing to white background, so I can work on 20% scale. Adobe, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Have you tried turning off your Graphics Processor Card? Go to Edit>Preferences and select Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor card. See if this fixes the problem. If you need more information, read: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines