• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Move or darg layers to reorder

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to Photoshop and now I can't drag anything with the move tool inside the canvas, nothing is locked, Auto-select is active. I also can't drag layers in the layer panels to re-order them. It was working fine, and suddenly move tool stopped working, the same with the layers panel, If i try to drag any layer, cursor changes to the hand icon and inmediately changes back to the arrow cursor with no result at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've just updated to Photoshop"

Which version Ps on which platform and version of OS?

For all things weird general advice is to try with preference reset

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the exact same issue. Just installed the latest version from CC app on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just stumbled upon this issue, not related to any Photoshop update.

Surprisingly enough what resolved it (not permanently) was just moving the whole Photoshop window to the other screen (I work on two displays). Then when I moved it back to the main screen the locking layers problem was gone.

I suspect something with the display drivers or windows patch.

Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Photoshop 22.5.2.

nVidia display drivers: 473.47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure I've seen a similar thing when trying an old plugin that doesn't get updated anymore. It doesn't necessarily occur immediately, but suddenly it's there. It became mostly unusable for this reason only...

IOW, always good to try and exclude some (older) plugins. I've also seen CEP extensions can clash with each other, causing "weird events."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With regards to reordering in the layers panel, I found that disabling the live preview worked to fix it for me. That is to turn off: Layers panel > panel options > Preview on canvas when reordering layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines