• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open files after update "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found answers from October 2020 that said the latest update solved this problem. I didn't have the problem in October, but having installed the December Creative Cloud update this morning, I have this issue for several files.

Opening many of my PSD files (not all) results in the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." The file is blocky with several squares missing. Screenshot attached.

Fix suggestions from around the web that have not worked:

• I have "enable generator" unchecked. Checking the box makes the problem worse (completely blank)
  • Altering "Text Engine" options in preferences > type
  • Unlocking library folder (it is already unlocked)
  • Moving [Adobe Version] Prefs.psp to desktop

I'm on a MacBook Pro.

Any advice welcome 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

I found the only possible solution was to roll back to an earlier version of PS - one that actually works. I downloaded an updated to PS 2021 and that made the issue even worse. Judging by this forum it looks like Adobe have a big problem on their hands. I'll be using the PS 2020 version from June or July until they get their act together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also! I can open saved ps files but if I try to scale or change layers, when it comes to exporting I get this error message. It's extremely frustrating as I am in the process of altering designs for products. Any advise welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the only possible solution was to roll back to an earlier version of PS - one that actually works. I downloaded an updated to PS 2021 and that made the issue even worse. Judging by this forum it looks like Adobe have a big problem on their hands. I'll be using the PS 2020 version from June or July until they get their act together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines