• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open files in Bridge after update today 21 October 2020

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC, Bridge and ACR today (Oh how I wish I hadn't). Initially all seemed OK but I returned to my PC - 64 bit running Window 10 Home, after a 3 or 4 hour break to find that although I can open Photoshop and Bridge, I now can't open files from Bridge . I normally open files with a double click but since this failed I tried right clicking it, which normally reveals 'Open in Photoshop (default)'.  Initially right clicking revealed instead 'rundll (default') , this has now changed to 'Photoshop Gallery 16.4 (default)'. I can open in ACR right clicking on a file and selecting 'Open in ACR'.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

If you uninstalled previous versions, the file associations may have been orphaned. Try to reassign them in Bridge preferences, or in Windows settings. You can use either, but Bridge is a bit more convenient.

If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. If you still have previous versions, follow version order - start with the newest and work backwards. Then reinstall.

This is a problem that hits some people with every new release cycle. To completely avoid the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Thanks. I have always kept previous version sof Photoshop etc so have thus onviously avoided the problem. I just got fed up with all that space being taken up on my hard drive so deleted and didn't reealise that you have to do it 'last in, first out'. I will try to resolve inBridge as you suggets, if not I will reinstall....do I just reinstall Photoshop or is it necessary to reinstall Bridge and ACR as well, all of which I updated today?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my post should have reported - right clicking initilaly gave 'rundll 32(default)'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstalled previous versions, the file associations may have been orphaned. Try to reassign them in Bridge preferences, or in Windows settings. You can use either, but Bridge is a bit more convenient.

If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. If you still have previous versions, follow version order - start with the newest and work backwards. Then reinstall.

This is a problem that hits some people with every new release cycle. To completely avoid the problem, always install/uninstall in strict version order. Last in, first out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have always kept previous version sof Photoshop etc so have thus onviously avoided the problem. I just got fed up with all that space being taken up on my hard drive so deleted and didn't reealise that you have to do it 'last in, first out'. I will try to resolve inBridge as you suggets, if not I will reinstall....do I just reinstall Photoshop or is it necessary to reinstall Bridge and ACR as well, all of which I updated today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines