• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I downloaded Photoshop 2020 on my mac (catalina) I can't open photoshop bc there is too little RAM but I can't change that unless I open Photoshop. I don't know what to do anymore I tried restarting, deleting, re-downloading.

(Picure below shows the message)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-15 um 13.17.49.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

That is not a RAM space problem but a scratch disk issue. You only have 5.9GB of free space on your C : drive, which is being used for scratch disk space, and that is nowhere near enough.  You need to clear some space on your C: drive.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a RAM space problem but a scratch disk issue. You only have 5.9GB of free space on your C : drive, which is being used for scratch disk space, and that is nowhere near enough.  You need to clear some space on your C: drive.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I used an external drive to clear my scratch disk and haven't had a problem since 🙂

I just panicked because I was at my internship and couldn't use photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Photoshop 2020 on my mac (catalina)"

Dave means your Mac HD since you don't have a C: drive (he's a Windows user) 😊, but his advice is spot on. A second solution is to set up an external drive dedicated as a scratch disk.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane - Bloody Macs - don't even name their drives properly, mutter, mutter......  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Dave (lol !)

😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines