Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open picture as raw from LR to PS

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have all my photos stocked in lightroom and i normally export them in photoshop directly from lightroom to edit them. I just figured this last week but when i export a pic on photoshop from ligthroom to photoshop (photo 1: it says "edit in photoshop..."), i convert as a smart object and then open camera raw for the basic adjustments (photo 2) and the temperature is over -100/+100 not in kelvin and it's pretty anoying... The photo 3 & 4 have the same preset and you se it's completely different, can someone helps me?

Photo 1

Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 21.25.30.png

Photo 2

Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 21.26.50.png

Photo 3

Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 21.28.15.png

photo 4

Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 21.28.37.png

THANK YOUUUUU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcl,

As you're seeing a difference in color, could you please try changing the screen color profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and let us know if it helps?

Please check this article to know the steps: Color Calibrating Your Mac’s Display | The Mac Security Blog

Make sure that you restart the computer after changing the color profile.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

From your description it sounds like you are converting a raw file to RGB then putting that in a smart object and then applying the camera raw filter.  That differs from Camera Raw in that it operates on the RGB data not on the raw file. That is why you don't see the Kelvin scale.

Try this:

In Lightroom use Photo > Edit in > Open as Smart Object in Photoshop.

Now in Photoshop do not use the camera raw filter. Instead, double click the smart object and you will find that Camera Raw opens and allows you to act on the raw data directly. Once done click OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines