• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open raw files from Bridge/ACR into PS

Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem started 27th May - Sony ARW files which normally have always opened quickly into PS from the ACR window now do nothing. I get some kind of splash screen about Adobe CC with options to Open or Create New and a view of recent work which I do not need. At the moment I can't reliably process my raw files on my MacBook Pro 2015 i7 16GB running Mojave, which has been perfectly fine. Reset prefs, cleared caches, gone back to default settings, nothing works. Have about 75GB free space. Any ideas before I switch to using Affinity Photo?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture of this 'splash screen'? 

What if you try from Photoshop instead of Bridge? 

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this morning it's working again - the files are opening as usual into PS with a second or two of activity indicator, instead of just doing nothing. But I now have the same problems my photo magazine readers have been complaining about with PS not saving over JPEGs but defaulting want to save PS native files or 'Save a Copy' - this has been a major issue discussed on our photo association groups (the magazine goes mostly to one organisation) and Adobe's answer seems to be that it's a change forced by Apple, it's not terminal it just slows down edit/save stages. Today I was asked to decide between Cloud storage and On My Computer, which had not happened before, but at least that dialog/screen had an option to 'Not Show Again'. However, I keep getting this really annoying full screen which appears to add nothing to my options, navigation or control - yesterday this was appearing instead a raw file openin, now it is being opened behind the PS window:welcomeps-annoying.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I see there is a new option to switch off 'Auto Display Home Screen' - still shows it once, but no longer replaces the Photoshop application frame when a tab is closed, and that's an improvement. I don't really need this 'Home' thing at all but it seems to be baked in to the new version. Life would be better if I never saw it again, but at least now it looks as if it will only interfere once per session!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines