• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste copied text into 'Save for Web' file name box - Photoshop 21.1.0 Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having a problem pasting copied text into the 'Save for Web' file name box after installing Catalina10.15.3? This is a really important feature for me. I know you can right click and paste copied text that way but I much prefer to use the keyboard (Command V) as I've being doing it that way for years. I have no problem when it's 'Save As', only 'Save for Web'. Anyone got a solution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, I use a clipboard manager I thought could be it but I disabled and still no dice 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, it's extremely annoying! 
I've only been having this problem since the latest Photoshop update but I'm also on Catalina10.15.3

I need to be able to paste file names for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Saving for Web did not work when using photoshop CC 2019 with Catarina. It was fixed in photoshop 2020, but there are still a lot of bugs.
I have submitted a request for correction, but this has not been corrected.

There are other defects as shown below.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 04.19.24.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any problems with tabs in Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator since the last update?
This doesn't happen all the time but it's flipping annoying when it does. You can be on one tab (document) and try to click onto another, it shows you're on the other tab but the document remains the same and the only way to fix it is to close down the application and reopen it. This means you have to save your work or decide not to save it, which can wreck a job, especially if you're editing something but you don't want to save the edits you've made but also don't want to loose them. 

TabBug-Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem. Can't paste a filename into the save for web dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

21.1.2 hasn't fixed it. 

I have reported a bug, so I will check the fix schedule again.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm still having this issue today! So annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for ages and it really halts my workflow. There is also no default type added to the file such as .jpg or .png which means I have to manually update each before uploading to the web.

I look forward to a simple solution or update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - makes no sense, but build up stress v 3.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. Now I know at least I'm not alone or accidently changed a setting...annoying. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck @adobe??? This was reported to have been fixed 2 years ago!!! https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2018-file-name-copy-paste-problem/td-p/9396776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current trouble is another problem.

Only when "Save for Web (Legacy)" is performed on macOS Catarina.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with copy paste. 

Adobe photoshop 21.1.3

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

really annoying Please fixt that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this exact issue with:

Adobe photoshop 21.1.3
macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. We copy the active layer name and saving the file as png or jpg. Now we have to type the layer/file name in the dialog. That is a real pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omggg just upgraded to Photoshop 21.2.0 with high hope but still this is not resolved! They managed to change the app icon on Mac but not fixing this issue lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent many hours communicating with an Adobe representative on this, shared my screen to show the problem in detail. They finally determined that this is a Catalina issue, not an Adobe issue. The representative stated that the Command+V action in Save for Web and Devices had been disabled by Mac in its Catalina update. I have logged a complaint with Apple, and can only hope it's resolved soon – very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Apple go in and change this specific command? Sounds weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I have been annoyed by this for a while now but ignored it because the work I was doing didn't make the problem too extreme. Now I find myself having to edit and rename a large number of images and it's literally making work take 2-3 times as long. I really hope Adobe fixing this problem soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It's annoying and wastes time. Adobe should fix this whether or not it relates to Catalina. Their software should be aligned with every OS. We certainly pay enough for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 running Photoshop 21.2.1 and the issue STILL happens in Save for web. It's stuff like this that drives me crazy about Adobe, constantly introducing new and mostly useless features that look good on keynotes and never work in real life and really, really simple basics like this get completely overlooked. Super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this bug has been in place for 6 months now and still no fix? How ridiculous! Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines