• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste text into file name when saving a PSD file.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using  PS 21.02 on Catalina but I had this probelm on the last version. I can't paste text copied fom a layer title into a file name when saving a jpeg via 'save for the web'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you try with typing a name and saving it or try update Photoshop if it solves well and good catalina OS has bug with Photoshop which is under notice of Adobe team.....Regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lambiloon, I did update to the latest version of PS, but it still has the same problem but only when using 'Save for the Web'. Copying text from the layer title and then pasting into the file name works with 'Save as" but many more steps are needed and I'm processing many files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. MacOS Catalina. Can't paste into file name when saving for web. Photoshop bug. Not fixed in latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please search or create a thread on this topic on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, like you did here (SFW, catalina, up to date Ps (check in Help>System info that you are running 21.1.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, if you didn't need the interactive features of SfW, then a script could offer a prompt for the filename and then save the file using hardcoded settings. It would take a lot more work to add a GUI offering file format options, the easiest route would be separate scripts with the save options built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for this? I am processing multiple files too and this bug or whatever it is is slowing me down.. help!

Using Photoshop 2020 on Catalina Version 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, with catalina and PS 2020 both updated as fully as possible.

Has it been resolved in PS 2021? My department has us locked to 2020, but if it's been resolved I will let them know and hopefully they'll let us move up a version. Currently manually typing file names which isn't ideal for data consistency or efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that a script is the only workaround short of Adobe fixing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines