Highlighted

Can't Print from Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to print something in Photoshop, this message appears:

"There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."

But my printer is not the problem. First of all, I already selected my printer and made it the default one. I also had a tech help chat session today with the company who makes my printer (HP) and they found nothing wrong with it or its connection to my computer. And I am able to print from all my other applications. So the HP tech suggested it must be a Photoshop problem.

Photoshop Chat isn't available today. Can anyone out there advise me? Thanks.

Clare Higgins

Hi Claire,

We're sorry to hear about the printer error, could you please let us know which version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps?

Open other image or document. And try to print it using Ctr + P command or by click on File<Print. This method is only helpful if the document is corrupt. So if the print option is working in a new document, it means your document or image is corrupt. You don't have to do anything. Just change the document.

If that doesn't work then please try this, Uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it. Some times printer driver create the issue Photoshop printing problem ” There wan an error Opening Your Printer …. ”

Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Print from Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to print something in Photoshop, this message appears:

"There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."

But my printer is not the problem. First of all, I already selected my printer and made it the default one. I also had a tech help chat session today with the company who makes my printer (HP) and they found nothing wrong with it or its connection to my computer. And I am able to print from all my other applications. So the HP tech suggested it must be a Photoshop problem.

Photoshop Chat isn't available today. Can anyone out there advise me? Thanks.

Clare Higgins

Hi Claire,

We're sorry to hear about the printer error, could you please let us know which version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Open other image or document. And try to print it using Ctr + P command or by click on File<Print. This method is only helpful if the document is corrupt. So if the print option is working in a new document, it means your document or image is corrupt. You don't have to do anything. Just change the document.

If that doesn't work then please try this, Uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it. Some times printer driver create the issue Photoshop printing problem ” There wan an error Opening Your Printer …. ”

Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claire,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil. I am using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Windows 10. I'll try the steps you recommended and get back to you. Thanks.

Clare

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried printing different images in Photoshop and the same thing happened with each of them. Do I have the latest version of Photoshop? If not, would an update help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem now. Did you find an answer? Thanks, Gary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2019 and had the same problem trying to print to an Epson R2880. I did the following:

1) Uninstalled and re-installed the printer driver, still won't print

2) Tested the printer using another program; printer works fine

3) Tried resetting the print preferences in Photoshop (scroll down to Print, press spacebar), still won't print

4) Uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop CC 2019; fixed!

The only thing that finally fixed it was #4 – uninstalled and re-installing Photoshop.

Hope that helps y'all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jade, Do you think my older photoshop version (CS5) would work doing this. I just purchased a new printer (epson xp830) and that is when the problem started with photoshop not finding the printer? I also can print from other files not in photoshop.

Thanks, Gary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Gary. The uninstall / re-install process will be a bit more cumbersome since CS5 isn't in the Cloud (I don't think). And you'll need to take care to save any presets/brushes/actions you've added beyond the standard, but it should. However, I do not work for Adobe, so I can't speak to 100% certainty it will work for you. I know the steps I took worked for me.

FYI, it's not a printer problem. It's Photoshop.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps my experience in the last 24 hours will be helpful.  A photo that printed fine a couple of months ago would not print today.  In fact when I tried to print it photoshop would close completely.  When I saw the note about maybe the document was corrupt I tried another photo and it printed fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac OS 10.15.5 & Photoshop CC 2020 21.20 release.

My Canon Pro-10 will not print wider than 8.5" when selecting 13"x19" print size and paper size is defaulted to 13" x 19" in print dialog.  However, when using identical image in Lightroom CC 2020 9.3; the print scale/size is perfectly output to 13" x 19".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines