• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't remove added icc profile

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the icc profile for a Canson paper in my CS5 Photoshop on OSX 14. Now the profile seems faulty and I want to replace it, but I can't remove it. I try by removing the icc file in its folder (/color-sync/profiles) but the profile is still visible in Photoshop, despite restarting the program. 

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this help? Quote taken from 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/working-with-color-profiles.html

Assign or remove a color profile (Illustrator, Photoshop)

Choose Edit > Assign Profile.

Select an option, and click OK:

Don’t Color Manage This Document Removes the existing profile from the document. Select this option only if you are sure that you do not want to color-manage the document. After you remove the profile from a document, the appearance of colors is defined by the application’s working space profiles.

Working [color model: working space] Assigns the working space profile to the document.

Profile Lets you select a different profile. The application assigns the new profile to the document without converting colors to the profile space. This may dramatically change the appearance of the colors as displayed on your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the system folder, there is an Adobe folder containing profiles. This is where the applications access profiles. So to get entirely rid of it, you may have to remove it from both folders.

(In Windows they are under Program Files(x86) > Common Files > Adobe. The (x86) suffix is the legacy folder for 32-bit programs, not used a lot these days, but for some reason the profiles are still there).

This double bookkeeping for profiles is a bit confusing, and I still don't understand how and when profiles are copied from one to the other. When you install profiles, you only install to the system folder. But when you open the Adobe folder you find the same profiles sitting there, and you immediately recognize the structure with a "recommended" subfolder. So it's fairly obvious that this is where the application loads the profiles from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines