Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rid of black Help panel in PS 22.2

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I downloaded the 7-day trial of PS 22.2.0 today (using a Windows 10 PC), and am getting driven nuts by this "helpful" panel (see attachment) that keeps opening, or is open by default, whenever I try to use the product! It takes up the middle of my screen and obscures most of the menus.

I used PS a lot many years ago, and obviously it has changed since then, but even so, I don't need this huge thing obscuring the menus and half my page, all the time. 

How can I get rid of it once and for all? 

Thanks,

PH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should  be a window frame Title with  a X  try clicking on the on the help window the user Alt+F4.  Try resetting Photoshop Tools and your Photoshop Preferences,

image.png

You  seem to be missing the window title and closing X

user-help-panel-driving-me-nuts.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ,

Thank you for the heads up about the close button! This morning I went into PS again, and there was no sign of that damn black panel, which is a huge relief, but I'd rather know how I got rid of it!

I work on a laptop most of the time, and in some cases with some software I notice that vital parts of the screen are outside my viewport, so that was prob. why I couldn't see it. (I deliberately keep this laptop's resolution settings at a sub-optimal level, because when creating and maintaining websites I have to be aware of clients out there who don't have the latest and greatest kit to view them on.)

Fingers crossed that the wretched thing does not bounce back again ...

Penelope H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble.  I close PS and open it and it's right back again.  I can't move the panel and the x button to close it is cut off at the top?  It is driving me crazy.  

Any help would be much appreciated,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - and today mine has come back again. I made the HUGE mistake of clicking on "Learn how" while hovering on the Spot Healing tool, and bingo, the damn thing was back, with no way to close it or even move it out of the way.

Photoshop really needs to address this! I have a perfectly standard Windows laptop bought last year, with swivel screen, but once inside Photoshop I can't even swivel my screen into Portrait mode - which was one trick I tried, in order to see the X (window close button) which should be in top right corner. That didn't work. I had to quit Photoshop and start it up again. 

How do I notify this as a bug?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there is any text in the search, clear it out by hitting the esc key, then hit the esc key again and the panel will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines