• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save as PNG?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What causes lead you to not being able to save as a PNG?

No Save As PNG

Can't export image sequence as PNG.

Been doing PNGs for years

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Not be able to Export as a PNG Sequence is a confirmed bug, so i wonder if the Save As png is related to that?

Photoshop CC 2018: PNG Image Sequence Export Not Working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about your document and its settings, nobody can tel lyou much. You could simply be in a wrong color mode or something like that. Other than that this could be one of those endless PNG-related bugs in recent versions of ADobe products. Something is seriously broken....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

I probably have default settings, unless I've accidently pressed some short cut somewhere. What other settings would be useful to know?

And when I do the "Quick Export PNG" save option, that almost works, but it offsets the image when it saves so it's not useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop do you have?

If your using CC 2018 (photoshop version 19.0) have you updated to 2018.0.1 (19.0.1)?

Look under Help>System Info and first line to show the photoshop version.

How to tell if you have 19.0.1

Photoshop Version Displayed Incorrectly

Help>Updates from within photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but updating did not solve this issue. I just upgraded to

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799  x64

from

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64

Maybe I should go back and try an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the photoshop preferences and see if that makes a difference.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General, click on Reset Preferences On Quit and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help.

I just went back to version 18 (2017), and it works great! I can now export PNG files perfectly! I'll just stick with this version.

It might be a bug or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice that adobe seems to have removed the png plugin from the Standard MultiPlugin and it's no longer listed in the Help>System Info, so i guess it's now integrated into photoshop instead of a separate plugin like quite a few other file formats are, though that's strange that png is the only file format missing from Save As when compared to the cc 2018 here on my own windows 10 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not be able to Export as a PNG Sequence is a confirmed bug, so i wonder if the Save As png is related to that?

Photoshop CC 2018: PNG Image Sequence Export Not Working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think the Save As thing only disappears when you turn on timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the save issue, and I used "File>Export>Export As..." as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a rockstar! I love it when people come up with simple solutions. Thank you x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot for the work around. Just got CC and new PS. Have been using an old version for years. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug mentioned here is supposed to have been fixed in the 19.1 update to photoshop cc 2018.

What exact version of photoshop are you using?

Look in photoshop under Help>System Info and the top line is the photoshop version.

What is the Color Mode and Bit depth of the document your trying to save as a PNG?

Image>Mode in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had what I initially THOUGHT was the same bug in 2019...and in fact it was a color-mode issue as so many above have mentioned. CLASSIC problem - I opened a document that was made for print (i.e. in CMYK mode) and I need it in a Premiere project. I applied some effects (primarily bevel/emboss and shadow) and the colors did look weird, was going to fix in Premiere...but it wouldn't import into Premiere (generic error!) Tried to save as PNG and no dice, no option. Changed to RGB and problem solved. BOTH problems - the file imported as PSD, would save as PNG...AND the color issue solved itself.

Apparently a file in CMYK mode won't save as PNG. No problem, just change to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recreate your file as an RGB and copy all your old layers over to this new file. Or just change Image - Mode - RGB and than try to save as PNG. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines