Highlighted

Can't save desired aspect ratio as default in Camera Raw

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make camera raw (ver. 12.3.0.493) default to a 1:1 aspect ratio and keep it there? It's driving me nuts. I am processing hundreds of photos and need to have the 1:1 ratio as a default.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save desired aspect ratio as default in Camera Raw

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make camera raw (ver. 12.3.0.493) default to a 1:1 aspect ratio and keep it there? It's driving me nuts. I am processing hundreds of photos and need to have the 1:1 ratio as a default.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did set a 1:1 Crop? and save  your  settings  as your ACR default settings? ACR workflow preferences only has a resizing to fit option. There is no cropping option. Why do you want to crop your images square???? With my AspectRatioSelection Plug-in script you can record a Batch 1:1 center Cropping action to crop images to want cropped square. Any size Image can be] centered cropped to Square.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Adobe support told me tot unstall en reinstall Bridge, grand full acces rights to all Adobe apps. Nothing worked. I want my aspect ratio default tobe 2 x 3. This is really messing up my workflow as I have to take one extra step ...if I rember to do so.... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image Layers ACR creates should have the same aspect ratio as the Image file your camera produces.  Most Digital cameras  capture 4:3 or 32 aspect ratio Images some offer a 16:9 option.   I do now know about Tablet and Phone cameras,

ACR has a  Preference that can resize the images the camera produces the image should retain the aspect ratio the camera produces.  ACR does not seem to have a preference that can set a default crop of your cameras image.    ACR does have a cropping tool  That you can use crop Images to an Aspect Ratio 1:1 with and ACR will save the Crop Setting for the image,  ACR can sync ACR settings to others images.  It never made sense to me that one would want  to sync a Crop setting to be synced to all files.  For a set of image it could make sense. By default the crop setting is not synced.

image.png

image.png

You can also save  Legacy Setting including Crop setting and set default camera raw setting perhaps that is what you did at one time. You would need to reset these settings. And may had to check legacy in manage

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is not exactly what I was asking. I just want to be able to set the crop tool to a desired ratio (in this case 1:1) and stay that way which is how the old ACR enabled me to do until I changed it back to something else. I don't want ACR to resize my images to this ratio automatically as I only want to do this with use of the crop tool. When I change it to 1:1, it returns to the default crop the next time I go to use it (2x3/4x6). Just another step that I don't need just like when I try to save a file and get a whole list of useless file types that I have never and will never use!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0