Can't save file as anything but TIFF, PSD or Large Format

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All, 

Opened Photoshop this morning and embedded from Illustrator (as I have done for the past 2 years) .. gone to save but only TIFF, PDF or Large Format appears. I removed the embedded file and tried to save the file (watermarked background) as JPEG as I would have been able to before and the same for that. 
Upon creating a new document and not placing anything I am able to save as any file format. Does anyone know why this has happened? Going through the legacy option to save for web is so much more hassel and slows my workflow. 

I just want to be able to embed and save as JPEG.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Community Beginner , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Photoshop updated and now Save A Copy holds the JPEG option. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021
Actually sometimes jpeg will appear in the Save As menu. This is the way it works now: If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned. Dave

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated and now Save A Copy holds the JPEG option. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually sometimes jpeg will appear in the Save As menu. This is the way it works now:

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines