Can't save my photoshop documents, why?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have tried to save my Photoshop documents and it does not work. I tried reseting and it didn't work. I tried saving it as PSB and it didn't work...What is going on?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't save my photoshop documents, why?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have tried to save my Photoshop documents and it does not work. I tried reseting and it didn't work. I tried saving it as PSB and it didn't work...What is going on?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 07, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop are you using and what happens when you try do save the file, do you get an error message

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes, I do get an error message. My version is 22.1.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you can't save the files at all?

Have you tried different formats?

-------------------------------------------------
Marek Mularczyk
Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor
http://marekmularczyk.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Yes, I have tried to save it in other formats and is still not working   ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get mine to work is to turn off any layers that were brought in from a PDF image. Then I can save, but I can't print or output unless those layers are off, so it is useless. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for a day, but gave me the error again the next day. I am certain it is a bug with the latest version. I'm not sure how to download a previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go back and install two versions ago - 22. It is working now, but we'll see if it continues to work tomorrow. Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
davescm LATEST
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See the attached Adobe help article which contains several steps to try

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0