Can't save over a file in Photoshop - "Disk error" response version 21.0.3 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example: I create a graphic, Save As, name file, save it to server for work. 

Decide to make a change within PSD file, Command+S to just save it again with same file name and replace existing file, 100% of the time now i get a disk error. 

The only thing I can do is save the file as "V2" and then trash the original file.

This is Photoshop 21.0.3 running on macOS Catalina.

Any workarounds? Cause this is insanely annoying. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We do not recommend opening or saving files on a netwrok drive, please check more information on this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane. For almost 30 years we were working like the original poster described. Actually, in any server-client prepress environments, the users are actually discouraged to make 'local copies', because this compromises data integrity at the end.

The link you've posted is targeted to 'anyone'. But what about professional environments? Eg. our clients are MacOS computers, the server is also a MacOS system, and they're connected via a rock-solid gigabit Ethernet network. No other applications – network intensive or not – create 'disk error' messages. This is definitely a Photoshop problem, introduced some years ago, around CC 2014 or 2015.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines