• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save patterns in Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  No matter what I do I can't save any patterns in Photoshop 2020.  I put the patterns in, they appear in the patterns panel.  Once I close photoshop the panel reverts back to the default 2020 patterns of trees, grass and water.  I try to import patterns and the pattern file in empty (not .pat files).  What am I doing wrong?  Am I missing a step in order to save them permanently?   Do I need to save these as .pat files in a different step and if so how?  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they appear in the Patterns panel, where do you see them? I see them come in at the end of the list; when I close and reopen Photoshop they are still there. One thing you could try is open the panel menu, and choose New Pattern Group, and drag your patterns into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it shows up at the bottom of the patterns panel.  I just reinstalled so maybe I had some kind of glitch.  I added a pattern and it is still there after I shut down and restarted.  So maybe I'll be good now.  It was just frustrating because I created an entire pallet of colors (about 100) and they disappeared... ugh...  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I created a lot of patterns and they all disappeared next time I restarted my computer. So I created them again and put them in a new folder in the patterns panel thinking that might help, but today they have all disappeared again. How do I save patterns so they don't disappear? There is nothing in my .pat file and I can't find how to save patterns on here. Thank you for any insights or help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines