• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't save preferences in PS CS5

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PS CS5 from disk.  When I try to save preferences or chamge workspace I get the message in pic below.  How do I fix? I've done what it says but to no avail.

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.37.56 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try fixing the system permissions and reinstalling the application: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help Marlon.  Still getting the same message as earlier.  BYW, I'm running PS on a 2007 iMac upgraded to El Capitan.  Disk Utility says all is OK.  Any other options?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!  Used Tinker Tool to show hidden files, found PS settings and deleted.  All working fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines