• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't scan directly into Photoshop CC 2018 (WIA problem?)

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to scan from my LIDE 110 into Pshop via the "Import" function, the following window pops up:

The Wizard assists you_Jan 20 2020.jpg

When I click "Start," a scond smaller one pops up:

"WIA Support: The target directory not exist."

When I close that window, the following message appears:

"Adobe Pshop CC 2018:

Could not complete the WIA Support command becaue of a disc error."

I CAN scan into my PC via the scan app in my program list and then open up the scanned image in Pshop - BUT the scans now have faint narrow horizontal lines through it.

I tried using the Search function here for an answer. "Photoshop CC WIA-support "Path-Error" after latest update (19.1.0)" from two years ago popped up, but the links there supposedly leading to a solution were dead.

FYI, I posted this issue on the Canon support forum; the only answer was to check with Adobe; hoping someone here can help me out.

Thanx to whomever,

-Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the latest update for photoshop cc 2018?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc2018-wia-support-failing-version-...

Help>Updates from within photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, 19.1.9 is the version I'm currently using. I think I installed an update (or was it just an update to Creative Cloud?). In any event, Pshop still isn't talking to my scanner. I saw there was a "20.something something" update available - is that the one I should install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The newest photoshop is cc 2020 (photoshop version 21.0.2)

If your windows 10 is a new enough version, then yes, you should install 21.0.2.

Haven't heard of a similar issue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines