Highlighted

Can't set JPG or HEIC files to open directly to Camera Raw anymore

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PS 2020 and iOS Catalina.
I used to be able to open JPGs from finder directly to Camera Raw. If I opened 10 files at once, they'd all open to Camera Raw and I could make adjustments to all at once before the files actually opened to Photoshop. It doesn't appear that I can do that any longer. I've tried going into preferences within Photoshop for Camera Raw and it doesn't appear to have this ability any longer. 

I've tried right-clicking the files in finder and choosing a application and Camera Raw isn't an option there either.

Is this something you're not longer able to do? Or am I just not finding the settings to change that?

I've attached an example of how it behaves when opening multiple CR2 files and it does what I'm asking. This used to be an option for JPG as well. 

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't set JPG or HEIC files to open directly to Camera Raw anymore

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PS 2020 and iOS Catalina.
I used to be able to open JPGs from finder directly to Camera Raw. If I opened 10 files at once, they'd all open to Camera Raw and I could make adjustments to all at once before the files actually opened to Photoshop. It doesn't appear that I can do that any longer. I've tried going into preferences within Photoshop for Camera Raw and it doesn't appear to have this ability any longer. 

I've tried right-clicking the files in finder and choosing a application and Camera Raw isn't an option there either.

Is this something you're not longer able to do? Or am I just not finding the settings to change that?

I've attached an example of how it behaves when opening multiple CR2 files and it does what I'm asking. This used to be an option for JPG as well. 

Topics

Feature request, How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question correctly-

I usually look in Ps Camera Raw Preferences for "JPEG and TIFF Handling"-

"Automatically open all...." will then show JPGs in Camera Raw before opening in Ps.

ScreenShot050.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opened 10 files at once....It doesn't appear that I can do that any longer.

This is a problem I have been looking at.

In Windows-10 there seems no way to open multiple files to Photoshop/ACR from Windows File Explorer.

Even getting Photoshop to be the default for opening JPG files is problematic. Ps does not even show in a selection of Default 'Apps'.

Somehow I finally can use "Open with.." and Photoshop appears- but only for ONE selected photo. So only one photo in ACR.

My only recourse to get multiple images in ACR is to select multiple files and open from Adobe Bridge.

(My post above suggests how to pass JPGs through ACR to Ps.)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines