• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Windows 7. Has been working up until yesterday. Can't run Photoshop due to missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll. The rest of the apps run fine. The message displays durring initialization. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Try installing an older version of ACR from here, the installer will overwrite the current version

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Make sure auto update is disabled in the CC preferences

2020-12-10 17_25_11-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. This is ver 21.2.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It started last night. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Tried reinstalling MS Visual C++ 2015-1019 x64. That didn't work either. The only thing I can think of is finalling going to Windows 10. Everything else works on my computer including Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe seit heute dasselbe Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem since yesterday after installing the Camera RAW update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing an older version of ACR from here, the installer will overwrite the current version

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Make sure auto update is disabled in the CC preferences

2020-12-10 17_25_11-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged Traynor - it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, you are a genius! I was trying to find what was updated lately but was simply clueless 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic that worked for me as well 👍 

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klasse - läuft-vielen Dank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This missing dll file shut me down too, realized it was after I updated Camera RAW when I saw this post - I installed an older version of Camera RAW as suggested, 12.4, works fine now, thank you! I have Windows 7, can't upgrade to 10 just yet. Thanks Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem ! Windows 7 after update to Camera Raw 13.1 

Installing ACR 12.4 and stop auto-update now is working well.

Thank you Ged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling to find out why Photoshop 21.2.4 stopped wotking on my WIn7-64 drive. I spent more than 20 hours on this.  On Friday I called Adobe support and after waiting for 30 minutes on hold spoke to a woman who told me that there is nothing wrong with PS and I must call Microsoft.  I knew the problem wsa caused by something other than the dlls because they are already on my system.  However, she rudely hung up on me.

I just found Ged Traynor's explanation and then installed an older version of Camera Raw.  THIS FIXED THE PROBLEM COMPLETELY.   Thank you Ged.

The support person should be fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I thought my 8 hours and missed deadline was bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, thank you for your way, I solved the problem that Photoshop could not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the AdobeUpdater 5 application [see screenshot].

Adobe Updater.jpg

I've explored inside all the folders shown in the screendhot. Where would I find it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  This worked for me!  My heart always skips a beat when I want to work and my program doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superb working  🙂

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this worked, but now all my Creative Cloud Photoshop files are gone. They're not in my Creative Cloud folder on my desktop, nor in its recycle bin, nor in my Creative Cloud account files or deleted folder. Any ideas how to get them back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard (I can't seem to delete it) -- found the files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, installing an earlier version worked for me, too. You are a blessing; I was in a panic. Even contacted Adobe this morning and they did not know what the issue was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines