Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upgrade to newest version - breaks normal map creation Photoshop

Participant ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This seems to break all the time. I can't use the generate normal map command because the preview does not update. I have tried reseting photoshop something that usually fixes this issue.

Anyone have this issue or a fix to resolve it.

Thanks

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you're not able to generate maps in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Could you try updating the graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when I update to the newest version of photoshop(21.1.2) The preview in generate normal maps does not function.

Currently I am using (21.1.1) and it functions as expected.

I am on Mac OS 10.15.3 (19D76), would I be able to update drivers? Isn't this maintained by Mac OS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you have any solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow so no support on this? I pay apprx $90 CAD a month for the last how many years. I have asked one question and no answer. Go Adobe support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines