• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use an EPS file with flipped text that was created in Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an EPS file on Illustrator (version 25.0.1). I can add it to Photoshop (version 22.1), even with text on it, with no problem. The moment I flip the text (from Type > Type on a Path > Type On a Path Options... > Flip), and the EPS file updates in Photoshop, I can no longer save the file in Photoshop. Photoshop says: "Could not save [Document name here] because of a program error." I have tried to embed the file in Photoshop, and outline the text in Illustrator, but to no avail. Has anyone else ran into this, and do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

On a Macbook Pro using macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you place the Illustrator file instead of creating an .eps file first?

Can you flip the type on a path in Illustrator?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for repsonding, Jane. The Photoshop file does save with an Illustrator file. It works with a PDF as well. I was just hoping to see if there was something I could do for EPS files because I prefer using those in print. It might just be a bug, though, that we can't do much about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @carcarw ,

EPS has been considered a "dead" format for at least a couple of decades, and any "bugs" would be due to it being an archaic format. Since both Illustrator and PDF work, it's best to use one of them. 

Here's an article written by @Mordy_Golding, author of Real World Illustrator, in 2006. He does give one exception, and his explanation is spot on, as it always is.
http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/2006/01/eps-is-dead-to-me-or-is-it.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines