• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Use Brushes from CC Library

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added some brushes into my CC library and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use them in Photoshop.

I'm looking at them in Photoshop, in the CC Library, but clicking on them does nothing to change my current brush, nor does it add it anywhere into my brushes or presets. Right clicking and adding them to the document does nothing either.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have option Use in Document when you right click on Brush in Libraries panel. If yes what is happening afterwards? And by the way, Photoshop version is in question?

use brush from libraries in current document.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have Use in Document, but it doesn't do anything when clicking on it. My brush stays the same.

Photoshop Version 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine on my machine, Win 10, Ps 22.3.1. Have you tried with preference reset what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.
Doesn't work on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have a similar problem. I have gradients that I created and are all listed in a gradient folder in my library panel in PS 22.5 (on a Mac with Catalina). It won't let me use them at all. I can't figure out how to get them into my gradient panel to see if that would work. I created them on my Ipad I think in Adobe Capture or Camera and uploaded them to the library.

Strangely I have a lot of brushes in my library panel that are not in my brushes panel but it lets me use those. I mostly downloaded those from Adobe so maybe that is the difference?

I hope someone has a good answer for us. I wonder if you tracked down the brushes and manually added them to your brushes panel if they would then work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything you create with Capture on your iPad is saved to a Library. That includes gradients and brushes. You will find them in the Library panel, not in the brushes or gradient panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines