• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use Photoshop CC 2019. It's running really slow

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am running on 5K iMac with macOS 10.15 Catalina (Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M290X GPU, Late 2014 model), but when I launch Photoshop CC 2019, app is running totally slow. I can't see cursor, and for example when I am typing any text, I can't see chars… it takes about 10 second until Photoshop shows me whole written text. Do you have any idea what can I do? I've tried to turn off "GPU" in Performance settings, but that doesn't help. It is really annoying, I can't normally use my Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run the lastest Photoshop updates for Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded latest update via Creative Cloud. It looks like my graphics card is not supported at all, but it is really strange. I really want to use Photoshop, but I can't - it is totally unusable and slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2014 iMac 5K with the same graphics card. I find that Photoshop 2020 is slow as well.

I also find that Illustrator 2019 and 2020 are really slow on my machine as well, and the GPU doesn't seem to be supported. Illustrator 2018 still works very smoothly.

I'm running Catalina, but the issue described above was present in Mojave as well. 

What changed between CC versions, Adobe? Did you just drop support for this graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A couple of questions for you--how full is your hard drive? And, how much scratch disk space have you allocated for Photoshop in your preferences? Actually a third question 🙂 -- do you have any external drives that you can attach and use as scratch disk space?

If your hard drive is full or you have just a small amount of space allocated to Photoshop it will slow down significantly. If you can, allocate more space to PS and see if that helps. And, if you have an external drive or two, hook them up to your computer and make them Scratch disks in your Photoshop preferences and see if that works too speed things up.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem, i call and they tell me that is a 5k display issue, photoshop is not supporting 5k displays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I noticed in another post that someone was having the same problem when they had guidelines visible on their document. Do you have guidelines showing when you notice it running slowly?

Let us know if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i call adobe and they tell me that is cause i have a 5k retina display and photoshop is not prepare to work with a 5k display, the recomend to use a lower resolution but i dont like tu use my monitor with a lower resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines