• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Use spacebar as temporary handtool anymore.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new laptop, and in my first session with photoshop, when I try to use the lasso tool and then pan with spacebar while keeping my current lasso it no longer goes to hand tool. The lasso tool stays and now I can't pan with spacebar while still maintaining the active lasso.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset your photoshop preferences and this hand tool using space works when you have zoom to 300-400 % only....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences did not solve it. And interrupting an active lasso with spacebar to pan worked on all zoom levels before, at least on PS 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been reported.      Adobe has a problem in their Photoshop Pen support with WinTab and Windows Ink support.  There is a slight difference.   If you use Windows INK when you press the Space Bar the cursor will change from the lasso tool cursor to the hand tool and you can pan with your mouse but not with your Pen.  If you use WinTab for pen support like I do when you press the Space Bar the lasso tool cursor does not change to the  hand tool you can not pan.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am using Photoshop version 21.0.2 it is working fine for me on Mac.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of Photoshop have unique and common bugs. And the are difference between Mac and  PC.  PC has two Pen Support Application interface  WinTab and Windows INK.  Old Photoshop version only have Support for WimTab Application interface for Pen support.  New versions of Photoshop  on Windows have support for WinTabl or Window INK and the default to user Winfows INK though there are issues with Windows INK.    I do not know what interface is used on a Mac.  I would think it would be a device driver the uses an interface like WinTab for Mac.  Wacom most likely developed the Mac interface.r 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same problem on Illustrator 24.3 on Mac. @JJMack has this problem been reported as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only install Photoshop I do not know anything about AI except it an other complex Adobe Application.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Temporary hand-tool doesnt work för me in photoshop, indesign and illustrator, working om mac, newly updated!

/regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines