• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use Vibrance adjustment layer, turnes pink?

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to use the Vibrance adjustment. I can create a layer, but the minute I make any change from 0 for Vibrance or Saturation, the image goes pink and stays that way. There's no variance in the pink regardless of setting.

The only way to fix it is to back up in history and discard the vibrance layer.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

I had this same problem when I added a paper profile ICC to a file when I opened a new document. I had been reading about paper profiles and had downloaded some. could't figure out why older docuements worked fine and the newer ones didn't. After reading some stuff and realizing that this is when the problem started, I went to 

- Edit Pull down menu

- select Assign profile 

- click Working profile (RGB)

Problem solved - hope this helps

Now I choose the paper ICC profiles only in the print setup wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a photo of your layers panel with the adjustment layers in place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is. Pink overlay happens whenever I change Vib/Sat from 0 to any amount pos/neg. Happens with lots of layers or only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should also mention, happens on any photo I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your monitor profiles. I've seen this before where the color profile is something off instead of a standard RGB format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which one you mean. In Win10, the color profile is the same as always: Dell U2412M Color Profile, D6500. (This is an older Dell XPS 8300 Tower).

In PS, I have the 'color profile' set to my printer, a Canon Pixma 100. I've used that for a while now with no problems.

However, I took it out of the Canon profile and put it into the basic sRGB profile, and you're right, the problem stopped.

Does this mean I can no longer work with images with the Canon profile? PS plus Canon has worked very well for me; I'd hate to have to stop using it.

Maybe a refresh of Canon profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Canon profile shouldn't be used for a working color space in Photoshop.

Your printer profile is for your printer and can be utilized by letting your printer handle color instead of Photoshop managing color when printing:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/printing-color-management-photoshop1.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i take a white canvas

i start creating an Action in Photoshop version 23.2.2

i start recording the action

i add a vibrance adjustment layer with a value of +1

the white canvas becomes dark Pink

if i do the same without recoring an action it is workign correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Navin Thakur ,

It seems to point to a monitor profile issue.

Try @jim5CE6 's solution off this thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/can-t-use-vibrance-adjustment-layer-t...

Let us know how you go.

mj

mj_2-1647932702168.png

mj_3-1647932701719.png

mj_4-1647932701720.png

Mohammed Jogie |
Adobe Certified Associate |  Expert | Instructor |
Adobe Community Professional | Creative Ambassador | User Group Manager |
Member International Society of Typographic Designers | Lifetime Friend International Council of Design | Interaction Design Association Local Leader |
Member Pan Afrikan Design Institute | Ambassador Visual Arts Network South Africa | Central Executive Committee Member Printing SA |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem when I added a paper profile ICC to a file when I opened a new document. I had been reading about paper profiles and had downloaded some. could't figure out why older docuements worked fine and the newer ones didn't. After reading some stuff and realizing that this is when the problem started, I went to 

- Edit Pull down menu

- select Assign profile 

- click Working profile (RGB)

Problem solved - hope this helps

Now I choose the paper ICC profiles only in the print setup when I am actually printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey jim5CE6 thank you soo much for help!

finally my problem solved thanks once again!! [link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines