Can the background colour of the preview window be changed?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply a lens blur filter a layer that consists of nothing but thin white lines. As the background of the preview window is the transparent checkboard (largely white), I cannot distinguish the changes being made to the layer as I adjust the sliders.

Is it possible to change the preview window background colour to something solid - either by a preference change or by better understanding how the preview background colour is selected?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by norman.sanders | Adobe Community Professional

Options appear at Preferences > Transparency & Gamut

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can the background colour of the preview window be changed?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply a lens blur filter a layer that consists of nothing but thin white lines. As the background of the preview window is the transparent checkboard (largely white), I cannot distinguish the changes being made to the layer as I adjust the sliders.

Is it possible to change the preview window background colour to something solid - either by a preference change or by better understanding how the preview background colour is selected?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by norman.sanders | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a temporary layer underneath?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0
Cackweed LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks. I had looked there but I didn't realise until now that it gave you complete control over the transparency grid colour.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0