Can we just roll back to the Photoshop 7 code and start over?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has become a dumster fire guys. It is now a horribly buggy, unusable, unstable tool and with each new release it seems to be getting worse. PS 22.1 update on a Zbook X2: GPU acceleration: Laggy and Slow (three seconds to zoom in on a 4k image with no layers). Turn off GPU acceleration: Laggy and slow. Turn on GPU acceleration with OpenCL, wait a minute, it might be working now, seems a bit snappier, start working on an image, zoom in, nothing happens, zoom out nothing happens, [Profanity removed by moderator]  another graphics bug, maybe if I save, no! PS can't save because of a program error, [Profanity removed by moderator]  lost all the work I just did (I mean it was only 10 minutes of work, but still no excuse). Guess I'll restart and try again. 

I'm not putting much strain on the software guys, the file above was a 5 layer, 4k image before Photoshop had a hemmorage. Let's go back in time for a minute... Photoshop prior to the CS2 was a solid piece of kit. It was stable and would rarely crash or have issues. If it did crash, it was usually because of a system issue or user error. It was a workhorse, like a 1976 Mercedes 240D. This latest release runs like a Lada. Photoshop has become a last resort for me. I'll using anything else: Nuke, Resolve, Mari, Procreate, Corel Paint, Krita, Microsoft Paint, a pen and paper, a piece of burnt wood and a rock.

Whatever you guys are doing is not working. Fix this before it gets worse. There's just so much wrong it's not worth listing all the problems. Go back to the last, good version and go from there. If I don't see an improvement over the next few releases I'm just going to stop using it outright. I can't rely on it anymore and I can't spend 90% of my time troubleshooting fixes and only 10% of my time on work. For the sake of the legacy of the software, take the time to fix it, for the love of art. 

Rant over.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a user to user forum so you're not really addressing Adobe here, you can of course rant on the Adobe Feedback Forum which is monitored by Adobe engineers, there's plenty of unhappy people on that forum too 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will move this to the appropriate dumping ground. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel you pain.

i just recently had ro manually remove and reinstall everything because an update killed my adobe installation.

not the first time since adobe embraced the cloud and subscription. before that CC i rarely had issues with PS.

microsoft windows and adobe updates are the worst.

the hours spend to fix issues created by these two companys cost billions and billions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines