Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change the text color

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have a basic text that's currently in #1d3d71. If i set it to #003a74 i notice the modification is not took into consideration. 

But if i drag the mouse over the color map, i can change it without any trouble. Even if i use the #ffbf00 color, for example, i succeed. 

What's the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

What colour space are you using? The colour numbers you mention are out of gamut in some CMYK spaces and the colours will be changed to an in gamut colour when pressing Enter or OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots including all pertinent Panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

help us to help you with a full detailed description of how you are doing this please

include screenshots of every step

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What colour space are you using? The colour numbers you mention are out of gamut in some CMYK spaces and the colours will be changed to an in gamut colour when pressing Enter or OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a CMYK document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working in CMYK many colours are impossible. Don't use #xxxxxx codes, or expect them to be changed to colorus that are possible in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is RGB better? i'm creating images both for paper flyer but also for web in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case you should definitely start in RGB. You can convert to CMYK and save a copy. You can see how the colours are reduced in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines