Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit legacy brush hardness

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I recentlly built a new AMD Ryzen based PC with Nvidia GPU and I use a Cintiq Companion Hybrid (old 1080p 13" Android tab they dropped support for that doubles as connected tablet).
Now perhaps I'm missing something but when I load the legacy brushes (see screenshot) the brush hardness isn't an option. I recall this being an option before but I cannot seem to solve it.
I have
enabled/disabled Windows Ink
enabled pen pressure in Shape Dynamics
reset brushes
reset Photoshop preferences

....pretty much everything I can think of but cannot seem to enable it so I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas? 

pencil.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tips vary between Brush types and Pencil. Pencil tip hardness does not seem to do much and brush type like dry media brush do not seem to support hardness like the pencil in you screen capture.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! And yes that sounds correct.
Ah, this was an error on my part, I was following Aaron's video for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhSQlPwtd4c&t=16m00s and didn't notice that when he selected the #9 pencil the hardness option wasn't there, I didn't notice it until I took a closer look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines