Cannot export or save jpg from photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble exporting my images from photoshop. I use a single document as a template, place my image and export. Delete the image, place the next one, export- repeate. 

This was working fine until recently, now when I export as jpg I go through the usual motions and then nothing happens, the jpg does not show up in my files anywhere. Please help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot export or save jpg from photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble exporting my images from photoshop. I use a single document as a template, place my image and export. Delete the image, place the next one, export- repeate. 

This was working fine until recently, now when I export as jpg I go through the usual motions and then nothing happens, the jpg does not show up in my files anywhere. Please help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why you are having these issues, howver many users have reported issues saving or exporting in recent times. What version of Photoshop and what OS are you using?

Your workflow of placing an image into a template, deleting the image and repeating will unfortunately build up a lot of photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata over time, as each time you use the place command a record of the placed document is added as metadata to the template file. This may or may not be a problem for you, however, it is good to know what is going on:

Metadata Bloat – photoshop:DocumentAncestors

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 1
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the insight! I've changed my workflow to discontinue using that template set up. I am still having saving/exporting issues. Very frustraiting to create something than not be able to save it properly. Any other insight would be super helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0