• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find Toon Artist in the pattern dropdown

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to follow the directions to add Toon Artist to 'Patterns' as directed. But when I click the dropdown in Patterns to select Toon Artist, it's not there... but the instructions say to click on it. 

If it's not there how do I get it there? 

Also how do I stop that recents windo from opeining? If I want an image I will go get it. I see no way too simply open a blank window like I used to and the silly default is 5s7 which makes even more time spent to clear that data and change it.  I don't mean to complain but I don't like being forced to see things I do not need when all I want to do is open a blank window the way we used to. I really don't like adobe trying to control me in this way. 

So... so what can I do to stopp that recents window from opening and how do I simply open PS and get a blank window?

I have the actions.atn the pdf which is of no help and the Toon Artist 'patterns' but no instructon as to how to get them into PS. I have included two images... one of the actions window that has no Toon Artist in it and one with the instructions.

Can anyone please help me?

This is very frustrating. And I've been on PS since PS3 so I'm not new... but this one is impossible. You can't click what's not there. I'm on a Mac..,, 37 years now.

Thanks.

Bonnie 

30C4BD92-28B3-4E2A-941D-C6DB2FB15836.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I'm having the same problem«

Please be more specific, post screenshots to clarify. 

Is this about the proper location for atn- and pat-files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christopherm46921536 wrote:

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem

It appears that @starbird parrot is referring to this Adobe tutorial:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/toon-artist-action-set

There is a link there to download the files as well as instructions on how to install them. 

If you need more help, please clarify.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the program but it won't install. 

I'm giving up. The look may have been fun on a few things but overall it's not really something I would ever use. I am a parrot photographer now returning to my landscape roots after decades photographing parrots... all the magazines went out of publication. 😞 

Then there's the onset of the phone camera.

I am working on images for uploads to Fine Art America ... but first I need to leran marketing... sigh... not my area of interest. The name will be Bonnie Dater Jay on Fine Art America. Hope to see you there. Here's a sample.CREEK.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they took it out of the system. I cannot locate it anywhere. I haven’t looked for a cartoon program but I suspect there must be a few free ones out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Also how do I stop that recents windo from opeining? «

Have you tried changing

Photoshop > Preferences > General > Auto Show the Home Screen

and 

Photoshop > Preferences > General > Use Legacy »New Document« Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac call Apple. Get a senior advisor in Creative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@starbird parrot wrote:

"So... so what can I do to stopp that recents window from opening and how do I simply open PS and get a blank window?

"Can anyone please help me?"

@starbird parrot wrote:

If you're on a Mac call Apple. Get a senior advisor in Creative.

I'm confused, Bonnie. Who is it that you want to call Apple?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, I was racing through the questions and answered my own. It’s been that kind of month. Mice will do that to your brain. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for answering — I thought it was me! 

I'll try downloading the tutorial tomorrow to see if it works for me.

Cheers,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines