• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get Auto-Align or Puppet Warp to work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the free version of Photoshop to finsh my semester coursework.

I can't open Auto-Align or  Puppet-warp. When I open Edit those two functions are there but not highlighted. You click them and nothing happens. The search button on the top, right menu says not available for both. Is it a computer problem or something else? 

Thank you for any help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

»I just downloaded the free version of Photoshop«

Say what? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and the Edit-Menu visible? 

What are the image’s Color Mode and bit depth, which kinds of Layers and how many are seleted, is a Selection active, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020
Thanks for responding! My sincere apologies for not answering earlier; I've had a few days of tech. difficulties so I just saw this message.

I thought I had selected the correct icon in the layers menu. Turns out I had not selected it- it wasn't high-lighted in grey. Once I realized that I was looking for that 'high-lighted in grey visual cue" I was able to turn both the Auto-Align and the Puppet-warp on.

I was able to contact my instructor, send him a screenshot, and work through the issue.
Best w...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I just downloaded the free version of Photoshop«

Say what? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and the Edit-Menu visible? 

What are the image’s Color Mode and bit depth, which kinds of Layers and how many are seleted, is a Selection active, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for responding! My sincere apologies for not answering earlier; I've had a few days of tech. difficulties so I just saw this message.

I thought I had selected the correct icon in the layers menu. Turns out I had not selected it- it wasn't high-lighted in grey. Once I realized that I was looking for that 'high-lighted in grey visual cue" I was able to turn both the Auto-Align and the Puppet-warp on.

I was able to contact my instructor, send him a screenshot, and work through the issue.
Best wishes to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might depend on what the layer type is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines