Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Using VRB 1 or CBR and still not working! 

Topics

How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot get Hardware Acceleration to work on Mac

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Using VRB 1 or CBR and still not working! 

Topics

How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, have you disabled automatic graphucs card switching on your Mac?

https://osxdaily.com/2017/01/08/disable-gpu-switching-macbook-pro/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's off! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have, it might be a driver problem and you may have to roll back your drivers.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/adobe-hardware-acceleration-disabled/td-p/10300975?page=...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to do that on a mac? Seems like I cannot find a clear way to do it and dont want to mess with things too much on the computer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gener7 LATEST
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. I don't have any experience with AMD Mac drivers and I don't want to send you in the wrong direction. You should consult AMD Support when you have a chance. Apple usually installs AMD drivers via Software Update.  But let's try some simpler solutions.

Go into Photoshop Preferences > Performance and check on "Legacy Compositing" or if it's already checked on, you can try turning it off.

A Preferences Reset won't hurt anything, but if you use a Custom Workspace, save it first because the Reset will default to the Essentials workspace.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines