• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch Photoshop

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First attempt to post failed. Sorry if I end up with s duplicate.

After recent updates, I cannot launch PS on my desktop, while it works without problem on my laptop. Two messages appear (screenshot attached).

• Photoshop.exe-Application Error &
  • Error at loading of ippCV library

Controlled folder access as suggested in another post, is off.

Lightroom Classic seems to be working without problem as are all non-Adobe programs tested so far.

Creative Cloud Desktop shows v22 as up-to-date, while my Apps & features shows PS 2021, Oct. 28.

How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the correct system specs I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll try that if I find no other solution - we're squelched to
150Kbps for the next few weeks, which works for email, but not good for
downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To bring this question up-to-date, the problem went from bad to worse. When our download speed was increased, I used the Adobe Cleaner as suggested, but Windows continued to throw error messages. To get a clean slate, I reinstalled both Windows 10 and Photoshop, downgrading to Ver. 21. The only reason I updated PS originally was the lure of the Noise Reduction Filter in the Neural Filters group, which was still not available when I last checked, so I'm not missing anything. All programs work perfectly, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines