Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move objects in Photoshop.

New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm working on a 2017 Macbook Pro and can't seem to move any objects within an open file in photoshop. Objects will move slightly then immediately snap back to their original placement. Seems like a glitch.

I've reset all my preferences, no luck, then uninstalled and reinstalled all CC software in hopes of eliminating this issue, I even downloaded the 2015 version of photoshop CC and the problem remains.

Is this software related or something to do with the laptop itself?

Here is the current OS & some specs of my hardware:

MAC OS SERRIA

Version 10.12.6

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Card: Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?? Please help--Thanks so much!

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers below:

• This bug is in the current version? 19.x

I'm currently running 19.1.5

• Did the bug appear in earlier versions? 18... etc ?

So this is on my work computer (laptop) and it's been consistently there since I started here in May – I also verified that others in the organization are experiencing it as well on their Macs. I believe at the time I started it was version 19.1.4 or 19.1.3. I've never experienced the issue with earlier versions of Photoshop but, at home for personal art / illustration, I've stuck with CS6. I should note it is entirely possible this bug is within the enterprise version of Photoshop but not sure. There is another thread here which I've also posted in where others are reporting a similar / same bug using Enterprise. There may be something conflicting with enterprise security software that many companies use (I should note that my organization is not using the security software indicated by the other posters in that thread but I know that we have security software running on our machines that is likely similar) but why it would affect only Photoshop and not the other Adobe apps seems odd.

• What other (Adobe) apps do you normally run with Photoshop?

After Effects, Illustrator, Acrobat, Animate

• In this current Photoshop version has it ever worked normally or did this just start happening after an update?

It's been happening since I started here so 19.1.3 or 19.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering, since you mention there are other Enterprise issues, if there is a "default" state that sets this up.  Photoshop and/or the Trackpad on a Macbook.

Are you, or anyone else, using the default state of the Mac OS setup for the Trackpad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more I dig into this, the more this seems like a potential conflict with IT security software as mentioned in the other thread.

If you contact me [email address removed as per forum guidelines], I can put you, or your IT, in contact with someone that might be able to look into the issue.

It might be that this scenario triggers the problem easily, and those outside of an Enterprise ecosystem see it less frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Daniel! I'll touch base here internally to find a contact for IT support and shoot you an e-mail tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are dealing with a non rasterized item in photoshop you can rasterize it and that issue goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines