Highlighted

Cannot Open a Video in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am trying to place a video I made from a screen record (using quicktime) but I keep getting an erroe message saying that it can't be opened; "Video file cannot be opened". This is my first time trying to do this, I am up to date on MacOS and Photoshop so I am not really sure what to do! 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Open a Video in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am trying to place a video I made from a screen record (using quicktime) but I keep getting an erroe message saying that it can't be opened; "Video file cannot be opened". This is my first time trying to do this, I am up to date on MacOS and Photoshop so I am not really sure what to do! 

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Yopu probably used some unsuitable recording settings or the file uses a custom, optimized CoDec as so many screen capture tools do. Similarly, the data could be choppy/ damaged due to disk performance issues during recording. It may need to be mangled through an external converter to turn into something PS can swallow. Without specific info like what tool you used for the capture and its options it's impossible to tell, though.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0