• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open an Image from Bridge into Photoshop!

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!  I’m using Windows 7 Pro (64 bit).  I am using Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 and Bridge 2017.0.0.93 x64.  I’ve been noticing that in Bridge 2017 when I click on Open With on a JPEG image the list included CC 2015.5 but not CC 2017.  I tried to make the association in Windows but could not do it. So I uninstalled PS CC 2015.5

Up until today if I started Bridge 2017 by using Ctrl-Alt-O within Photoshop CC 2017, then I could click on a JPEG image file in Bridge and it would open in Photoshop.  But now if I double click a JPEG image in Bridge it opens the file in Camera Raw 9.10.1.  If I right click on the image in Bridge and choose Photoshop CC 2017 (default) it opens in Camera Raw.

BTW, if I use Ctrl-R on a thumbnail in Bridge the image opens on CR inside of Bridge.  That is, there is a Bridge icon in the taskbar.  But if I choose Open With Photoshop, then I get the full CR window, but a Photoshop  icon appears in the taskbar as though I had opened the CR filter inside Photoshop!

I need help so I can double click on an image in Bridge and have it open in Photoshop.  I can use Ctrl-R to open it in Camera Raw if I need to.

Thanks - Dave

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ATX

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Boxed Processor

G.SKILL  F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD  Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are you seeing in File Associations?  If you don't see CC 2017, then you should be able to find via the Browse button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did Browse and found the EXE.  The image opens in CR.  If I click Open Image in the bottom right of the CR window it opens in Photoshop.  Note it's still not in the Open With list.

Open With.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you ever gotten an answer to this? the same thing is happening to me. So annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines