Highlighted

Cannot open file due to PROGRAM ERROR - New Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this is a common problem I tried all the sugested solutions, updating to the newest version, resetting Photoshop preferences, changing file extension, disabled the generator and unloking the folder, nothing works. I have been working on this file for weeks and I hope someone from Adobe can help me open it. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xJwgaPTJ8giGOdJcoQK26ANSQZKESxaS?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open file due to PROGRAM ERROR - New Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this is a common problem I tried all the sugested solutions, updating to the newest version, resetting Photoshop preferences, changing file extension, disabled the generator and unloking the folder, nothing works. I have been working on this file for weeks and I hope someone from Adobe can help me open it. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xJwgaPTJ8giGOdJcoQK26ANSQZKESxaS?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I got the same error with both versions of Photoshop 2020 and 2019, I was able to open it in Gimp strangely enough

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Not sure that all the original content will be there though

2020-09-02 19_30_31-Window.png

I could then export from Gimp as a PSD and open it in Photoshop

2020-09-02 19_32_03-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the quick reply, I am surprised that Gimp did something Photoshop could not. However, Gimp lost all my Smart Objects which were most of these layers, in short it helps me see what I had but I lost the capability of editing Smart Objects so I'm standing kind of on the same ground... Thank you so much Ged for looking it up and I defenitely think Gimp will help a lot of people that might read this thread... Do you know if there is an option to open the file with tje capability of conserving the Smart Objects or another way to recover the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gimp also looses all masks and Layer Styles whcih I really don't care for this specific file, right now I am most concern about editing the smart objects...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening it with Affinity Photo as well which supports importing PSD smart objects but it just opened as a blank single layer.

You could try this website, not sure how good the software is but maybe worth a try

https://www.psd.repair/#/

Going forward you should always keep at least one backup of your files, I keep 3 separate backups just for safe keeping and I always do incremental backups as I go along when working on any projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ELEFE LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the advice, I used to do that but it has been a while since I had problems like these so I stoped doing it.. I guess I should know better, thank you for your help and time Ged!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines