• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open Files After Update to Photoshop 2021 CC

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Photoshop 2021 CC to version 22.1.1.  When trying to open Photoshop, there is an empty white pop-up box. The only thing on that box is the X to close it, and when I do that Photoshop closes. If I do not close that empty pop-up box, there is no option to open files for processing.  Obviously there is something in that pop-up that I cannot see that requires an action.  I did update my computer to a new motherboard and processor, but I am using the same drives.  Win 10 Pro.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: I installed version 22.1 (previous version), but getting the same result - a white pop-up box with nothing in it except the X to close.  No ability to open a file or create a new file.  So it must be something associated with the hardware upgrade I did.  I'm using a new ASRock MB with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, replacing a GigaByte MB with an AMD Athlon II X2 CPU.  Using the same graphics card, which is an older EVGA GeForce GTX 650.  Using a new SSD that was cloned from my old SSD.  I've tried turning off 'Use Graphics Processor' in PREFERENCES - same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many are having Problems with Photoshop 22.  Adobe even posted a list one known issues. Adobe also upped the requirement for using 22.  I would suggest using 21.2.4 till Adobe addresses the issues in 22.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got on the Adobe support site and worked with one of their people to resolve.  Turns out that there was a conflict in the graphics driver, as I did not reinstall the driver for my old graphics card after upgrading the MB and the CPU.  Once I reinstalled the graphics driver for my NVIDEA card Photoshop (and the other apps) were back to operating normally.  This is on the latest version 22.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try uninstalling 22 and installed 21.2.4 before the video driver was discovered, and this did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines