Cannot open files in PS 22.2 running with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, V20H2 and PS 22.2. PS appears to open correctly but I cannot open any files in PS. And I cannot close PS without using Task Manager > End Task. I receive message, “Could not complete your request because of a program error".

I uninstalled PS, re-installed PS and checked Windows and PS are at current levels. The problem is just the same. This is now a serious problem for me. Can you help, thank you. Ray M.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, Photoshop version 22.2 on Windows 10 is working fine for me

2021-01-07 08_24_54-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, I reset the preference as you suggested then, I was able to open a jpg file and a tiff file and make a few adjustments and PS closed correctly. That has solved my problem and I'll keep it in mind for any other strange happenings. I'll let you know if there's any subsequent problem. Good fix in really short time. As it's 23:17 here, I'm closing down and again, thanks. Ray M

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines