Highlighted

Cannot open Google Earth KMZ files with Photoshop 2020

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I try to open a Google Earth KMZ file in Photoshop CC 2020 I always get the same error: "Couldn't open .... .kmz because file could not be parsed"

I am clueless about this error. Anyone could help? Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-05 a las 12.51.58.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open Google Earth KMZ files with Photoshop 2020

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I try to open a Google Earth KMZ file in Photoshop CC 2020 I always get the same error: "Couldn't open .... .kmz because file could not be parsed"

I am clueless about this error. Anyone could help? Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2020-08-05 a las 12.51.58.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2020. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you are using along with your computers operating system? Are you facing this issue with any other file format as well? Is the file stored on an external storage device? If yes, does it help to move the file over to your computers local storage?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.0.1 under MacOS 10.13.6

Cannot open any KMZ files, never. From Google Maps or Golgle Earth. Always the same error message. 

Already reseted the preferences. All remains the same.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry that resetting the preferences didn't help. You can try updating Photoshop to the latest version (21.2.1) through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having this same problem. I've followed the previous instructions to no effect (I have Photoshop version 21.2.2, MacOS version 10.15.6). What do I do now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0