• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 does not respond at the initial launch after installation. The software freezes when the introduction window of new features appears.

I end the software by stoping it in Task Manager and it happens again when I start over. 

I tired both restart my computer and reinstall the software several times but not helping.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Please help me I need to use it ASAP. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Hi

Try deleting the Photoshop preference file from this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

pref location.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try deleting the Photoshop preference file from this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

pref location.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tampoco a mi me ah funsionado y eh llegado a la conclusion que windows 10 version 1909 es la causante de que no se ejecute photoshop, porque en la version 1903 de win 10 si se ejecuta sin problema photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work foer me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it to work. 
I have no time for these things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and need for work. Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to follow this 2 minute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCZ0iHhy8ag

Adobe Photoshop 2020 Close Problem Fix,Photoshop 2020 Close Problem,Photoshop 2020 Close Problem,Photoshop 2020 Close Problem Fix,Photoshop 2020 Close,Photoshop 2020 automatic Close,Photoshop 2020 automatic Close problem,Photoshop 2020 automatic Close problem fix,Photoshop 2020 Problems,photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem now. I can't get it to open AT ALL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problems but I couldn't find  this way 

Help me Please!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows do you have, if it's Windows 10 then you need to enable this option "Hidden Items"

2020-02-20 08_07_22-.png

For Windows 7 it will be

2020-02-20 08_08_40-Folder Options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED.

Re "Try deleting the Photoshop preference file from this location"

This together with show hidden files (above) worked - excellent thanks!

When Photoshop 2020 then opened, a message popped up somtheing to do with a graphic card issue which meant enhancements would now not work - which does not affect me.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue and deleting that file doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I reinstalled the 2019 version and upgraded to the 2020 version without removing the previous one. 

Saw that tip on another topic and it worked for me. Hope that helps anyone else having the same issue. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the 2019 PS to download ~ have tried reinstalling 2020 and it wont open at all after the download 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 is v 20.0.8 and is available from the Creative Cloud app

2019-12-19 14_12_46-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks so much! It works, CC2019. At least I can work now.  But I cannot find a way to upgrade to CC2020, please help me.  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I used the process suggested (uninstall photoshop, reinstall the 2019 version, then update to the most recent version LEAVING the 2019 installation in place). Now all is working well with Photoshop 2020. Adobe, do you have a fix in place for this yet?? Good luck to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, installed PS 2020 on Mac OSX, application hangs on launch and is completly frozen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me either.

After updating to Version 20.0.2, Photoshop will not start up from either the CC Desktop Controller or the Desktop shortcut.  The start-up screen frame comes up blank & the "wait" icon just spins & spins forever.

It will start up only  a.) when clicking on a file from Bridge 2020, or  b.) when clicking on a File Name in the Windows file menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing better thn me then - I can't get it to get pas the Adobe screen no matter what I try. Does the launch, shows me the mermaid, then a white screen in which the Adobe logo displays for a second or so then goes white and spinning wheel of death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI did you find any solution yet? I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines