Cannot Open Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used PS the other day and today when I went to open it I got an error message that says a .dll file is missing. [see attachement]. Why would this have happened? How do I fix it so I use PS.

Thank You

Photoshop error message.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Open Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used PS the other day and today when I went to open it I got an error message that says a .dll file is missing. [see attachement]. Why would this have happened? How do I fix it so I use PS.

Thank You

Photoshop error message.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to update direct x of your windows may be it helps you....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is due to the incompatible camera raw 13 being installed on your windows 7.

The solution seems to be installing camera raw 12.4 as described in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-start-photoshop/td-p/11667211?page=1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a look at the post you linked to. I cannot find the Adobe Updater 5 application [see screenshot]. I explored all those folders in the screenshot and did not find the Adbobe Updater 5 application. I did not show up under search either. Where  do find it?I  Adobe Updater.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No all you need to do is go here and download the Camera Raw 12.4 installer and run it.

Then turn off Auto Update in the Creative Desktop Application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Look in the Start Menu>All Programs for Adobe Creative Cloud, which launches the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application where you can turn off Auto Update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being obtuse but I do not see where to turn off the Auto Update iside the desktop application. [see screenshot]

Alos, once the Auto Update IS turned off, how will I know when to do updates and which ones to do?

CC desktop.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Still not clear how to turn off Auto Update. When I follow your directions above, do I click on the green settings gear icon [see screenshot] to bring up a pop-up which includes the toggle for: "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date" 

Does toggling this turn off auto update - or am I totally off base here?Turn off-auto update.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0