• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PS2021 or PSBeta on new M1 chip MacMini

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked over the documentation that suggests I should be able to run Beta with some limitations, or PS 2021 in Rosetta. Running Big Sur 11.2

Neither of those have proven to be the case. Both programs hang up and simply stop working as they are loading, requiring me to Force Quit them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  I'm using a mac mini M1 16gb ram MACOS Big Sur 11.2.  I can however open PS 2020, so thats my workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac Mini M1 1TB ssd and 16 GB RAM running Big Sur 11.2. Neither 2021 or the beta will get past the splash screen and I have to force quit them. I no longer have Photoshop 2020. Is there some place it can be downloaded since it diesn't look like it can be downloaded from CC anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve now updated today the latest PS2021 works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have the same problem too. I have the latest version of 2021 (22.2), updated by Creative Cloud and migrated from a 2014 internal mac mini to a 2020 M1 mac mini (16GB memory, 1TB ssd). The old machine works, the new one doesn't. The opening window shows, "halide bottlenecks" appears, and it freezes. I found an Adobe page saying that if the program freezes on this window, then to remove large preset files from the library (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html). Well I did all that, and it made no difference at all. When I click on PS in the Creative Cloud window, it launches the program twice, so you see two of them in the Force Quit window, and neither of them work. Adobe, while you are working on the M1 version, you could at least let us download v. 21. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update on Friday, February 26. I just updated the Mac OS til 11.2.2 and Photoshop works again. All good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines