• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open PSD file b/c of error message "cannot complete your request because of a program error."

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my PSD file. The error states "cannot complete your request because of a program error." The file still has data in it (it is 2 mb) and i can view it with preview, just not open it in photoshop. Please help! The file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95wb1pnsyu9dcfc/AADIaMuzm7qOeWUyfa1F9O8-a?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi georgek79987683,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "cannot complete your request because of a program error" while opening the attached PSD file.

I tried unzipping the Dropbox file(sized 1 KB) but it does not have any file attached to it.

However, I'd recommend you to take a look at this Photoshop: Could not complete your request because of a program error. | Photoshop Family Customer Community and see if it helps troubleshooting the problem.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi georgek79987683,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "cannot complete your request because of a program error" while opening the attached PSD file.

I tried unzipping the Dropbox file(sized 1 KB) but it does not have any file attached to it.

However, I'd recommend you to take a look at this Photoshop: Could not complete your request because of a program error. | Photoshop Family Customer C... and see if it helps troubleshooting the problem.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops! Sorry about that. The file is back in that dropbox folder now. I would appreciate if you'd take another look. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the same error message you mentioned. It seems that the file is corrupt and needs to repaired or recovered, please take a look at this article and let us know if that helps: Troubleshoot file recovery in Photoshop

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just upgraded to Windows 10, brand new computer.  I've signed in and downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud and downloaded Photoshop. I get the "could not complete your request because of a program error" if I even try to open an existing file, or if I try to create a new doc, same message.  I can't even close photoshop, gives me the same error message and I'm having to close the program using the task manager. I've uninstalled photoshop numerous times, I've even uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud and reinstated , same outcome.  It's beyond me, what to do.  I have massive deadlines and need help ASAP!

Thanks much!

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines