• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open raw images .CR2 in photoshop

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open raw images from Bridge by double clicking (Photoshop being the default app) I get this alert

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 09.47.05.png

On the other hand, when I right click the image -- "Open in camera raw...", the image does open to adjust the raw settings, after which i press "open image" and then NOTHING HAPPENS.  Photoshop comes in the foreground but opens nothing, no alerts...nada.

I have read this thread

Can't open RAW files within Photoshop

and tried the settings suggested but still not working.

PS the said images are on a server which my colleague can open on her mac, therefore there is nothing wrong with these images.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

The fact that the images are on a server is the problem. There is a bug in the latest version of Camera Raw. See: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2595705

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the images are on a server is the problem. There is a bug in the latest version of Camera Raw. See: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2595705

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a star!  Followed those steps and worked perfectly.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link seems to be unavailable. I am having the same problem. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link works OK for me but I'll be surprised if the answer is the same since it involves rolling back to an earlier version of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Workaround:

Right click on file in Bridge, select "Reveal in Finder" when the finder dialog opens, double click. Opens in PS provided you have .CR2 files (RAW) set to open with Photoshop. If you don't, on the finder file click Cmd-I and in the info dialog, near the bottom be sure Photoshop is the app set to open your RAW files in the "Open With" drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines